Sunday, August 31, 2014

Officially a Pioneer!

Well today was move in day! It was totally wonderful. Things went very smoothly. We were able to get everything up to the room with no problems at all. I really thought I had way too much stuff but after we had everything situated, it really isn't so bad. There's definitely quite a bit but it all fits and it looks very homey. One of the best things about our bedroom is that we have a big window that looks out over the mountains. One of the main things I wanted from my dorm was to have a nice view and I am so happy that I got one. We did have a little minor speedbump because the outlet behind my bed didn't work. Thankfully maintenance came up and fixed it right away. I am so lucky that my roommate is super amazing and we get along great. We will be good friends, no doubt.

Not only do I have a nice bedroom, but we also share a kitchen and a bathroom. This means we have two more suitemates but they're seriously awesome too so it's great. We have a full fridge already which is always wonderful :) thanks to the moms for helping us with that! We probably spent about 5 hours setting everything up but things look great now and I am so happy.

After move-in and short information session, we met with our RA. He seems super nice as does everyone on the floor. It's so awesome that almost everyone I have met is friendly. It makes this transition so much easier. Then we had our very first DU pep rally. The most exciting part was when coupons started to rain down on us. I grabbed a Noodles&Company coupon so now Cordy and I get to have some BOGO noodles! Woohoo for free stuff. After the pep rally we went to our dorm social and I started a game of Apples to Apples which was pretty fun; and we got to eat a lot of cookies! I was also able to meet some of the Varsity hockey players which was SO amazing. At DU, hockey is basically what football is to Notre Dame. Athletes are kind of like celebrities to me so meeting these hockey players was insane.

I am so happy to be at DU. This is already great. I am also super exhausted so I'm gonna go to sleep on my new bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment