Sunday, August 24, 2014

Is This Just Fantasy?

The fantasy football draft is always one of the most stressful days of my life. I could craft the perfect all-star team but the problem here is you can't get everyone you want on your team and it just sucks. The other thing is if I just picked my favorite players I'd end up with an 90% Steelers team with JJ Watt and Clay Matthews. That team would probably not go very well. Trust me, one year I picked a team just to fill it with the best looking men and I'm pretty sure I came in last place. So this year I decided to be a bit more serious about it and put my endless football knowledge to good use.

Marshawn Lynch has been my Beastmode running back for two years so I knew I had to get him first. Luckily, I was able to get Demaryius Thomas right away too. I was just about to grab Drew Brees when he got stolen away from me. So Andrew Luck it was. A few rounds later I saw that Tom Brady was still out there so I grabbed him too. Now, every year (no matter how bad they are) I need to pick the Steelers defense for one reason only... I have a peculiar and undying allegiance to Troy Polamalu (because he's a beautiful human being). Choosing any other defense would just make me feel like a bad person. I'm weird. I know. I did pick up the Kansas City defense too which is good. I don't always need to play my Steelers D but they've got to be on my team. That's just how it goes, my friends.

So after the draft was over, it showed my wonderful team and all the players I chose. I went into my Yahoo Fantasy app and everything was all screwed up. It was showing the complete wrong team. Now my team has Wes Welker instead of Antonio Brown and Ray Rice instead of Ryan Mathews and a bunch of other stupid people that I definitely didn't want on my team. I got an amazing team and now Yahoo screwed it all up so this needs to get fixed ASAP. Technology drives me crazy. Anyway, as long as I get my team back then I'm really excited to get started. I cannot wait for football season to start and I'm hoping the Steelers don't suck too bad this year.

Sorry to those readers that don't like football but there will probably be quite a few posts about it because during the NFL season I border on obsessive. And go Steelers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment