Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Perfect Title

So this afternoon, while I was reading my amazing aunt's blog (therollychair.blogspot.com....check her out; she's seriously amazing) I came to the decision that I too should create a blog. I have always LOVED talking about myself and I have always loved writing as well. It's the perfect platform. High school is over and I'll be heading to the University of Denver in 2 weeks! I'm ready to share all of my exciting adventures with the world. Carolyn Frances Angiollo has officially entered the blogosphere! Be excited, folks!

As always, coming up with the idea to do something is the easiest part. Actually doing it is when things get tricky. First things first, I had to come up with a title. I'm not very good with titles....During my high school newspaper sports editor days, I really just wanted to title everything "Hot and Sweaty". That never went very well for me. The first thing that came to mind was "Chicago Girl in Denver". That's not very exciting at all. I tried to brainstorm stuff that would rhyme with Rockies or mountain. That got me nowhere. I Googled "songs about Colorado". I definitely was not going to name my blog "Rocky Mountain High". A title like that would not make my mom very proud. So I turned to my own music library. I scrolled through all 1005 songs and came up with some ideas. Tal Bachmann's "She's So High" being one of them. That wouldn't make the cut. I needed to move away from all the pot stuff...so I turned to Disney! I am such a huge Disney fan. Everyone that knows me is sick of my Disney princess obsession (but it doesn't stop me one bit). Then I scrolled past the PERFECT title. I bring you *drumroll* "Just Around the Riverbend", fondly named after a beautiful and empowering song from Disney's Pocahontas.


"What I love most about rivers is: 

you can't step in the same river twice
the water's always changing, always flowing."

I hope y'all are just as excited as I am. I can't wait to see what waits for me just around the riverbend.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect name! So many adventures ahead of you as you begin this next chapter!

    Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete