Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bargains Spelled Backwards!

I'm in Denver! I am so super excited just to be here and I cannot wait to move in tomorrow. The excitement is unreal. Denver is marvelous and it's going to be so fun to explore over the next four years. But today, we had to get some serious business accomplished. Obviously if I'm going to school in Denver, skis are a necessity. So me and my aunt, Ashley, hit up Sniagrab.

It was totally overwhelming. The sidewalk was completely full of vendors and little tents. I had no idea that inside the Sports Authority would have even more stuff! It was humongous, like a giant warehouse of snowboarding and skiing stuff. There were racks and racks of jackets and coats and fleeces. Once we got past all of that there were hundreds of pairs of skis lining the walls. We decided to start there. I found beautiful purple and blue (my colors!) skis. They are seriously so gorgeous. Poles were pretty easy to find, nothing special there. I was surprised to see how many different kinds of boots there were. I'm confident that I found the most comfortable pair possible...granted ski boots will end up hurting no matter what. Oh well, it's worth it. After getting my gear, I bought my Epic Local Pass so now I can go skiing all the time...well when I'm not studying.

Basically, I'm just really excited for everything that's going to be happening. And it all begins tomorrow morning! Also, pray for some snow up in these mountains. I want to go skiing ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment