Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Madness, Registration, and Game of Thrones

Hi everyone! This week has been insanely hectic, but very exciting as well. Yesterday we had a lot of sessions about campus life and today was just constantly listening to people talk. I did get to meet my very first college professor today though and he seems super awesome. This professor is teaching my Freshman Seminar class which is called "Literary Depictions of Madness". Today we discussed what the definition of crazy is and who gets to decide this definition. It was a very interesting discussion and I'm pleasantly surprised at how many people contributed to the conversation. It was very different from high school.  I am super excited to see where this class leads.

As of now, this is the only class I have. I still have not registered for classes, but don't worry because that's how it's supposed to go. I have met with several advisors already in preparation for my class registration. Since I have received so many AP credits, I am basically finished with the common curriculum. In a perfect world I'll be able to start working on my double major right away. Unfortunately, those classes may all be full so I'll have to figure something out. The next two days are going to be insane with registering for classes so I have that to look forward to. Yay!

Aside from all the learning information, I have actually been able to have some fun too! I have already made some super awesome friends. Last night about fifteen of us spent 4 hours playing Cards Against Humanity and it was so much fun. Tonight the University was showing Space Jam on the lawn so a smaller group of us went to that as well. I am currently enlightening some friends to the joy that is Game of Thrones. Lots of people are at parties right now but this chick is sitting in her PJs, blogging, and watching a fantasy TV show. That's the kind of college life I'm about!

No comments:

Post a Comment