Friday, August 22, 2014

Fool in Love

Well tonight was the last night I got to spend with my amazing boyfriend before he leaves in the morning for the University of Minnesota-Morris. A long time ago, Austin and I made the decision to be in this relationship long term. A quick fling was just never in the cards for us. That's not how we are. From the very beginning we knew we would get to this point. But the closer it got, the harder I realized it would be. And now it's here....

So many people have told me that it's not going to work out. I've gotten really sick of hearing that, but to be honest I've learned to just tune out those haters.

He'll be in Minnesota and I'll be in Colorado and the odds are not in our favor. But I'm the kind of girl that fights for what she wants no matter what it takes. I truly believe we could be that one in a million high school couple that actually finds a happily ever after. Every couple that doesn't make it probably thinks the same thing at the beginning. Yet, the truth of the matter is if you don't believe it then you've already lost! I have to believe that Austin and I will live happily ever after because if I don't believe it then it won't happen. The second I stop believing is the second this 2 and a half year relationship I have worked so hard for will collapse on itself. 

I'm a lot of things. I'm a hopeless romantic. I'm naive about most things. My lifelong dream is to be a Disney princess. I love an 18 year old weirdo with all of my heart. I might even be a complete fool. But I'd rather be a fool that believes in love than anything else in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment