Friday, August 29, 2014

Road Trippin'

Woooo road trips sure are exhausting. I find it strange that they are so tiring because all I did was sit in the car for 14 hours. We left at 4:30 am and for some reason I always have a hard time sleeping in the car. Listening to my Titanic soundtrack didn't even help. I spent most of the drive in the back seat desperately trying to get comfortable. The rest of the time I was singing badly or reading Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones book #3). SPOILER: Joffrey's death is AMAZING in the book. Chicago is great and Colorado is greater...but the drive in between is pretty painful. Iowa and Nebraska are both very needed states in the USA I'm sure but it basically goes like this: "corn, corn, corn, cow, corn, corn, wind turbine, corn, horse, corn, corn and more corn."  Not the most exciting things to see.

So I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot but I actually really enjoy road trips. I think they're super fun and I love driving and listening to music and just watching the world go by. But after awhile when your butt starts to go numb from sitting so long, it's a bit less enjoyable. The great news is I'm about 80 miles away from Denver and I'll be at DU in now time. For now, it's time for me to go to bed (at 8pm) because I'm about to pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment