Monday, August 25, 2014

And The Winner Is....

The VMAs are stupid and I hate them. That is all.

Okay, seriously now. Not all award shows suck. The Emmys are probably my favorite (excluding all the country awards shows like the CMAs and CMT Awards). I love watching TV and the Emmys are great because I actually know the nominees. This year all I wanted was for Peter Dinklage to win Best Supporting Actor and I would have been completely happy. Of course I wanted Game of Thrones to win every award because in my humble opinion it's the best dang show (and book series) in the history of forever. Obviously they didn't win everything. They actually didn't win anything. But come on Peter Dinklage was a complete genius during Season 4. SPOILERS! Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial, the Mountain vs Viper fight, and Shae's and Tywin's death were some of the greatest moments in the show so far. Tyrion was a vital piece in all of it and Peter Dinklage is one of the greatest actors I've ever seen. There's hella talent in that 4'5 body of his.

I am well aware that I am incredibly biased in this award giving because I'm obsessed with GoT and that's the cold, hard truth. It's an addiction. Sadly, Peter Dinklage wasn't the only one snubbed. Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) and Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) also lost in their categories as did writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss and director Neil Marshall. Not to mention that they also lost the award for Best Drama Series. I was seriously upset. In the Carolyn Awards, GoT wins everything and Drogo gets a special shoutout for being insanely attractive. Weird Al and Andy Samberg making fun of Game of Thrones almost made it okay that they didn't win anything...almost.

I was really shocked that Orange Is The New Black didn't win anything either. I guess it's good that Breaking Bad is over because now maybe some other Drama Series will stand a chance...

Game of Thrones did win Outstanding Costuming, Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup, Outstanding Art Direction, and Outstanding Special/Visual Effects. These weren't shown on the TV broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment