Sunday, September 7, 2014

Football and Jesus

So earlier today I posted something on Facebook that said "Sunday was created for football". I was wrong in saying that. Sunday was created for two things: football and Jesus. I had some great football today and I'm super happy it's back. Being able to watch my Steelers boys in action was so wonderful. They almost blew it but Big Ben just likes to stress me out. We've got a classic love-hate relationship, him and I. The Steelers managed to kick some butt (and a little face too). Of course football was great today but the highlight of my day was church.

 My super awesome roommate and I went to mass at the chapel on campus tonight. It was seriously wonderful. Being in that little chapel was the most at home I have felt since coming to Denver. These last few days I've been thinking that I was alone in my beliefs and morals but being at mass with a bunch of other college kids really showed me that I was wrong. I'm not actually alone in my views. I'm not going to lie, I almost cried during mass multiple times. It was just what I needed and being at mass made me so happy. Jesus is just so great.

It sounds super cheesy but I have to believe that there is some grand plan for me out there. For the last 2 and a half years of my life I have prayed that this guy would be mine forever. That's literally all I wanted. But as the all-knowing Garth Brooks once said, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." So I guess I'll thank God for my unanswered prayer. From now on I'll just pray for happiness and hopefully that one won't go unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment