Monday, September 22, 2014

Home

One of the most special moments so far was the first time I called DU home. It didn't seem like much. I was just with a friend and I said, "I'm going to go home now. See ya later." It really isn't that big of a deal...but for some reason it hit me pretty hard. This adorable little dorm room is my home now. DU is my home. It even feels like a home too. Of course I still have a home in Palatine but it's so nice to feel at home here too. I couldn't think of any place I would rather be. When I say that I am in love with this place I really mean it. I still haven't gotten over the beauty of these mountains. Every time I look at them I am so happy. It is so amazing here. Now I finally understand why my uncle and aunt wanted to move back here so badly. I don't think I will ever want to leave. Just the idea that I might be able to build a life for myself here is so incredible.

For awhile I thought that being in love was the best feeling ever. It is pretty great, but I think I am starting to realize that just being happy, in the simplest and most pure way, might be even better.

Oh and to top it all off, the song "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros came on while I was writing this.

It sure is marvelous to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment