Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Best Kind of Therapy

Aside from writing, music is definitely the best therapy around. Today has just been a therapeutic day in general. I made a playlist of some great songs (that I will be quoting a little bit later on). Somehow just listening to music makes everything better. The lyrics always apply in some way. That's why I love music. All the pictures are taken down now too. Maybe one day they'll go back up but seeing them is just too painful right now. In place of the pictures I wrote some cute little post it notes. Some of the songs were angry songs but I only wrote down the happy quotes. I'd like to share them with you all now. 

"Get happy!"    -"Get Happy" by Bowling For Soup

"I'd rather die than give you control."   -"Head Like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails

"'cos I'm strong enough to live without you."   -"Strong Enough" by Cher

"It's just too bad...you've already had the best days of your life (but I haven't!)!"-   "Best Days of Your Life" by Kellie Pickler. I added the parentheses on that one. 

"It's just love done gone."-   "Love Done Gone" by Billy Currington

"All the things that break you are all the things that make you strong...some pages turned, some bridges burned, but they were lessons learned.."  -Lessons Learned" by Carrie Underwood

"Now you're just somebody that I used to know."  -"Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye.

"I'll be alright without you...there'll be someone else, I keep telling myself."   -"I'll Be Alright Without You" by Journey 

"Hold this string as I walk away."   -"Undone" by Weezer

"Let It Go"  from Frozen (obviously...)

The next three are all from the Queen of not giving a shit. I bring you Believe from Cher aka the best BAMF woman ever.

"After all is said and done...you're going to be the lonely one."
"I've had time to think it through and maybe I'm too good for you." 
"I believe in life after love." I know I changed that last one but it needed to be a statement not a question. 

So I know this post is basically just a bunch of song lyrics but songs help you find the words when you can't find them on your own. They've also helped me find my peace when it was lost. 
 
The healing process is difficult but having friends and family and good music makes it a lot better. Having all of you out there to read this makes it even more amazing. Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment