Tuesday, September 23, 2014

All About That Greek (Yogurt) Life

These past few days at DU have been a craze of rush and bid and pledge and all those other "greek life" terms that I have just never understood. Seeing as I have some friends that have now "gone Greek" I know what these terms mean but the whole concept still evades me. What bothers me the most is that it's called Greek life. I'm pretty sure there is nothing Greek about it, aside from the haze of deltas and omegas and kappas. If there was something that involved sitting around with olive oil and gyros discussing Zeus and all of his women, then I'd be interested. Sign me up for that Greek life.

In a moment of rebellion, my suitemates and I formed our very own chapter of a sorority affectionately named Oiko Omega after the most delicious of Greek yogurts and originally founded by John Stamos. We are extra exclusive, so as appealing as our sisterhood may sound...we are not accepting any new pledges at the moment. Oiko Os for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment