Friday, September 5, 2014

Fool Out of Love

Well I was planning to write about classes, but somethings are just more important. I guess the only way to start this is to let you all know that I am single now. I guess I must seem ridiculous right now because 2 weeks ago I was writing about how we can make it and all that crap. But it's over now. The details of it are not important. The truth of the matter is this was going to be very, very difficult for both of us. If it was for a month or a year, then maybe it would have been different. The fact that we would have to do this for 4+ years is just too much. It's painful but it's going to be the best for both of us in the end...even though right now it sure doesn't seem like it.

I've run out of tears and now it's time to move forward. Your first love is something so special and it can never be forgotten. What we had was special and everyone who saw us together knows that. Our love was real and I will always believe that. The memories we share are priceless and I wouldn't change them for anything in the world. I'm very grateful that our summer ended on a blissful note as well. He's got part of my heart and he'll always hold on to that. I like to believe that I'll have part of his heart forever too. No matter what happens in my future I will always have those 2 and a half years of happiness and love. My time with him shaped me into a different person. I'm better now than I was before.

I think I have finally realized that the best things in life aren't always forever, but that's when you go out and find something else that's just as great.

I would like to thank everyone who took time out of their busy lives to be there for me these last 15 hours. Times like these show who really cares about you and it's good to know that I've got people in Charleston, Colorado Springs, Washington DC, Madison, Pittsburgh, Palatine, and Chicago that really love me.

So I guess all those haters were right. High school sweethearts don't work out and I'm not the exception. But I will always believe in fairytales. There's more than one prince out there.

I'm going to end this heartfelt post with quotes from two of my favorite leading ladies: Celine Dion and Carrie Bradshaw.

"My heart will go on."

"The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well that's just fabulous."

1 comment:

  1. The last quote is simply perfect-you know how I feel about that. Remember that failure isn't about something ending or not turning out like you had hoped. It's not being true to yourself.

    :) Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete