Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Is Home Where My Heart Is?

Being home has been pretty nice so far. It is surely a relief to not be reading about WW1 or writing about mentally ill characters or drawing Lewis Dot Structures. These are definitely things I don't miss. My crazy friends, the cute boys, the hockey games, waking up to mountains, quiet bike rides to class are all things that I miss everyday. I didn't even list all of the things. At the same point, being back in Palatine sure is swell. 

Like everything, there are good things and bad things about being home. It's great that I get to spend time with my mom and puppy, but it sucks that I don't get to spend enough time with them as I would like because I have to work. But, working is great because that means I'll have money! It is awesome to be able to see everyone I have missed, but I wish I had more time to see everyone. Dividing time among people is a huge challenge. It would be a lot easier if there were more of me. I love going back to all my favorite places, but I hate living in fear that I will run into that certain someone that I hope I never see again. Having access to a car is marvelous, but knowing that it isn't actually my car and the realization that I am too broke to afford my own car is devastating. Not being in a dorm room is really cool too because it feels like I have so much space! Yet, at the same time I miss my little tiny room with all of its pictures and "Carolyn" written all over the walls. Seriously, if you want to know me then just take a look at my dorm room. That space is so special to me because I made it my own and I definitely miss my room a lot. Not to mention missing my roommates. They make me nuts sometimes but I miss them nonetheless.

The weirdest thing about being home is not knowing which is really home now. I'll say "home" and be referring to DU and then a sentence later I'll say "home" and be referring to the condo in Palatine. It is super weird having two homes and not knowing which one is home. Are they both home? Is neither home? Is this home while I am here but DU is home while I am there? I don't understand. If home is where the heart is...then where is my heart? I sound ridiculous right now because my heart is clearly in my chest...but seriously, this is troublesome. I guess, for now, part of my heart is here and part of my heart is in 7N. The day where my heart is all in one place will be a miraculous occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment