Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Is This Just Fantasy?

Anyone that knows me knows that I take football very seriously. The only thing (in regards to football) that matters to me more than the Steelers winning is my fantasy team. For the first time ever, my team (lovingly called Troy's Boys) made the championship game. I was projected to win by 16 points! I lost by 4....

My team is pretty stacked with great talent: Andrew Luck, Demaryius Thomas, Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Marshawn Lynch, CJ Anderson. With a team like this, I should have gone undefeated. There have been some players I have started every single game. After Tom Brady's poor week one showing, I started Andrew Luck in every matchup. He had multiple games scoring in the 30s and 40s. He might have won the award for Troy's Boys MVP...that was until he scored ZERO points in the championship game. Andrew Luck basically crapped his pants on the field. Definitely not lucky at all.

It is common knowledge that the Bears are a really shitty team so I decided to make a bold move that would lead me to victory. Troy and his boys were taking on the Kansas City Chiefs. I had both the Pittsburgh and KC defenses on my roster. I figured the Steelers wouldn't do too great on defense since they have been struggling lately and I couldn't play KC because that would cause to much cognitive dissonance. I picked up the Detroit defense as a free agent when Jay Cutler was still supposed to take the field. I figured he would throw at least 3 interceptions and my win would be solidified through Chicago's ineptitude. Unfortunately for me, Cutler didn't start and Detroit's defense didn't do so great. Detroit only got 5 points. But, my Steelers' D that I love so much got 12. I should have never turned my back on my boys. Let this be a lesson of loyalty to you all.

After Andrew Luck's crap fest, I had pretty much given up on winning...but then BeastMode showed up and restored a little hope. I was still down over 50 points going into the Monday night game. It would be Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, and CJ Anderson vs. Jeremy Hill. I know I put all of my eggs in one basket with Denver's offense but they are seriously good and always high point scores. When Jeremy Hill went off, I gave up again. Then, Peyton decided to show up and I started to rake in the points. Peyton had so many opportunities at the end of that game to help me win. All he needed to do was give Anderson the ball or complete a few more passes to Thomas or Sanders. If anyone has the talent to launch a game winning drive, it's Peyton Manning. But just like Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning took a giant poop on the field.

There were many things I could have done to win that game...I'll never make it as a coach or manager because I make bad choices. Second place it is for me.

What really matters is that the Steelers are about to make a playoff run and if we keep playing like we have been, nothing can stop us. I think we might even be able to get #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment