Saturday, November 22, 2014

I'm Not Invisible!

Anyone that knows me relatively well is aware of the fact that Hunter Hayes is my favorite singer/songwriter/musician of all time. Last year, I saw him on his CMT Let's Be Crazy Tour and last night, I saw him on his Tattoo (Your Name) Tour. The first time was great but the second time was surreal.

A band called The Railers started the show off and they were a lot better than I expected. Dan+Shay were next and they were super awesome. Obviously they are musically talented but they were also great performers and really cute. But, Hunter was undoubtedly the best.

I am not trying to be annoying with product placement here but his album is seriously amazing. One of my favorite songs on the album is called "You Think You Know Somebody". I loved the song the first time I heard it, but it has taken on a new meaning for me in recent months. The best line of the song is "Don't you understand, do you even care, If you love me like you said you did well you'd still be standing here". This lyric is tough but it's the truth. Before Hunter sang this song, he dedicated it to all the broken-hearted. I may or may not have cried a little bit while he sang it. Maybe. Fortunately, the sadness would not last very long at all.

Hunter continued being super beautiful and talented in every single moment. I'm pretty sure that's just his constant state of being. During a song, he started to walk off the side stairs to the stage. My mom and I were sitting pretty close to the front and we were right on the aisle. She saw the security guards being a little suspicious and she told me that he was going to come over by us. Sure enough, I noticed a small little stage positioned in the seats across the aisle. As he came close I started screaming and I completely lost my cool. He walked up the stairs and I was going insane. When he walked past me, I reached out my hand and he took it! He actually took my hand. It was not just a little *touch*. I swear to you all, it was more than a second. I felt some distinct pressure. And then I almost died because I was so excited. So then I just stood there and watched him sing in his beautiful, angelic voice. He sang "If It's Just Me", "Nothing Like Starting Over" (which also somehow fits perfectly into my current love life), and "Flashlight" (which is my favorite song from the Storyline album).

What comes up, must come down and so Hunter had to head back to the real stage at some point. When he stepped off his little mini stage I was waiting with my hand out...and then he took my hand again! But this time he looked into my eyes and said "Thank you"...I was freaking out too much to say anything but I was thinking "Why are you thanking me?!". I should have been thanking him for grabbing my hand. Him thanking me was completely unnecessary, but that just shows how wonderful he is.

Anyway, I like to think that I'm not really a fangirl. I love his music. I think he is attractive, but I'm not obsessive. However, him touching my hand and looking in my eyes may have changed that. I think I have been sent over the edge. I know I don't have a chance with him. I'm not delusional. I just think he is one of the greatest and most attractive people in the history of the world.

I know that this is going to be one of the greatest memories of my life. I was so excited and 24 hours later I am still so excited. 24 years from now I might not be this excited, but it will still be a special memory.

Some crazy cool stuff has happened in my life. Daniel Radcliffe waved to me in NYC, Ryan Clark signed my Terrible Towel in Buffalo, and now Hunter Hayes touched me in Chicago. I am not invisible to my favorite country star! And that, my friends, is pretty gosh darn awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment