Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day is a holiday for couples. It is all about the man buying the woman flowers and chocolate, there's usually a nice dinner involved, and maybe a screening of 50 Shades of Grey if you're into that. I know many people that feel like shit on Valentine's Day because they are single. Thankfully, I'm not one of them.

Valentine's Day can be about couples, but it is more about love. This is the first Valentine's Day in 3 years where I am "single". Yes, I am "single" but I am not alone. Not even close. I received so many cards and packages from my incredible family. I am surrounded by so many amazing friends that love me so much, and I love them too. "Single" or not, there is definitely no shortage of love. Valentine's Day shouldn't be about only a significant other, it's about love. It takes many forms and it is everywhere. Just look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment