Friday, August 14, 2015

Back To Crazy

Well, my summer in Denver is coming to a close. I think it was a pretty good summer; it was very relaxing. It may have been too relaxing...I was able to do my research (which is why I stayed here in the first place) and I worked at a restaurant for some extra money. I went to the gym almost every day because I had a great lack of excuses. But other than that, I had virtually no responsibility. Most of my days and nights were full of Netflix. I should have counted the hours I spent watching Netflix. It would be appalling to see that grand total. I finally watched all of Friends (Monica is my soul sister), I watched Dexter (Deb is my other soul sister), I finished the last season of Glee (and cried a lot), I also watched Blue Mountain State (hahahaha), and I fell madly in love with Once Upon a Time (and madly in love with Captain Hook). Now I'm halfway through 30 Rock. Not to mention that I caught up on my Disney movies, horror movies, and relationship and nature documentaries.

Despite the endless hours of TV, I also accomplished a few awesome things. I hiked two 14ers and conquered the Incline. I won a team race with my uncle (yay Uncie and the Munchkin!). I learned how to actually cook some edible food that isn't scrambled eggs and pancakes from a box. Best of all, I had time to myself. With that time, I taught myself how to be happy being alone. I gave some thought to my future and all I hope to accomplish. I think I've grown a lot this summer. I'm becoming an adult and learning how to actually survive with little help or supervision. So I watched a lot of Netflix, but I also know that this summer, I've become a different and better person.

But now, it's time for me to go back to my crazy fast paced life. Tomorrow morning I leave to return to the city of broad shoulders and damn how I have missed that place like crazy. A Portillo's hot dog, a Lou Malnati's pizza, Brookfield Zoo, the Lakefront...they're there waiting for me. I hope they haven't changed one bit. When I was living in Chicagoland, I was pretty indifferent about it. It took being away for me to realize just how fabulous Chi-Town really is. I also get to see my puppy, my family, my new nephew (technically cousin but whatever), my friends from high school, and many other people who I've missed too. The slow pace is over, because for the next 10 days my schedule is jam packed with family and friend fun.

After that, I get on a plane to Orlando with my mommy to see the ocean, Hogwarts, and I will finally be returning to the happiest place on Earth after all of these years. I guarantee that when I see that castle I will cry from being so happy.

From Orlando, it's pack to Denver. I'll move into my new dorm, start training for Orientation, and then I'll be trying to make it through Orientation. Hopefully, I'll have a positive impact on these incoming students and I just really hope that they love DU as much as I do.

From here on out, my life will be busy and hectic again. I'll probably have a few stress meltdowns and I may or may not cry a couple times, but I cannot wait to have it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment