Monday, July 27, 2015

Loner

If this summer has taught me anything it's how to be alone. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I definitely miss my family and some people from high school, and I miss my college girls like hell. But I like to think that I've made the best of the situation.

I spend a lot of my time working in one of two psychology labs or at a restaurant, and the rest of my time is spent watching Netflix. Yet, I still get out there and do things that I want to do. I've seen movies by myself (Inside Out and Trainwreck--both were great). I've gone shopping by myself. I've eaten at restaurants by myself. I've even gone to the Denver Nature and Science Museum by myself.

Most recently, I couldn't find anyone to go see Hunter Hayes on the Wheels Up Tour with me, so I took matters into my own hands. There was no way in hell I was gonna miss Hunter. I drove out to the venue and spent a few minutes trying to find a good parking space. Luckily, I found a good one (for free) and then I literally ran up to the roof of a nearby parking garage. The parking garage was just tall enough to see over the back fence and I had a pretty great view of the stage. I could hear every word, as well. To make it even better, the sun was setting over the mountains right behind him. That's something I wouldn't have seen if I was actually in the perimeter of the venue. 



I'm really happy that I've taken the initiative to do whatever it is I want to do. I used to sit around and wait for other people and if I had no one to do something with, then I wouldn't do it. Now I do what I want and nothing stops me. All that being said, I can't wait for my squad to get back to Denver so I can get into trouble with my girls again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment