Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Snow

This post is dark and full of spoilers.
|
|
|
|
|
As many of you are aware, I am beyond obsessed with Game of Thrones. TV show and books, fan theory, memorabilia, cosplay, and everything in between. If my body of knowledge was this vast in more important subject areas (like chemistry) I'd be a genius. I wish I could take a class on Game of Thrones. For now, I guess I'll just be content with it eating up all of my free time instead.

I have loved Ned, Drogo, Robb, Oberyn, Ygritte, and I was even a little sad when Renly had to go...but I have never been as devastated as I was on this finale. I was in utter shock when the beautiful and brooding Jon Snow seemed to be the next off the list...it hit me like an invisible semi-truck. I'm not sure why this was so sad...yes Jon is a gorgeous man, but he never had Drogo level looks and his personality pales in comparison to that of Oberyn. I think the thing here is that I am convinced that Jon is the only man that can save the morons of Westeros from the White Walkers. No one else is smart enough or brave enough to pull it off. Also, the conditions of his death are just awful. He was hoping for his Uncle and what he receives are a bunch of assholes stabbing him "for the watch" (clearly they don't understand that he went beyond the wall "for the watch"). Not to mention that little bastard Olly who killed Ygritte (my spirit animal) and then Jon. Olly, I hope you die.

Before jumping into my theory, I have just a few more comments about how stupid this whole thing is. Alliser Thorne is the stupidest person on the show for many, many reasons, but the one thing that everyone tends to overlook is the fact that wildings beyond the wall equals a larger army for the White Walkers. White Walkers have the power to not only kill, but resurrect the dead as wights, which are essentially minions that are under the White Walkers' control. Jon's plan to help the wildlings helps literally everyone because he is removing people from the White Walker army. The last thing that is needed is millions of wildlings being added to the White Walker army as wights. It's really not that difficult to understand if these crows would pull their stubborn heads out of their asses for a second.

[Important side note: the dead cannot be turned into White Walkers. All theories about Jon being turned into a White Walker are inherently wrong because it's impossible. White Walkers are a species. A dead man cannot be a White Walker just like a dead human can not be turned into an elephant. The dead are turned into wights (which are controlled by White Walkers) and that is it.]

It is quite possible that I am in the worst state of denial possible and I'm just too scared to admit that Jon is dead...but I really don't think this is the end for everyone's favorite bastard. So here's my theory. It combines knowledge from the books and the television show. R'hllor, I hope I'm right.

It is no coincidence that Melisandre showed up at Castle Black right before all of this went down. She is back for a reason. See, Melisandre has been under the impression that Stannis is really Azor Ahai, but recent evidence has shown that Jon may be Azor Ahai. About 8,000 years before what we are witnessing, the White Walkers were headed south as winter came. Azor Ahai fashioned a sword that harnessed magical powers when he stabbed his wife, Nissa Nissa, in the heart with it. His sword, Lightbringer, was able to defeat the White Walkers and save the seven kingdoms. He then built the Wall. A prophecy states that Azor Ahai will come again to end winter. Melisandre, at first, saw in her fires things that made her believe that Stannis was the savior. But, the fires have changed and now when Melisandre asks to see Azor, all she sees is Jon Snow. Which, (if the fires are to be trusted) means that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. Jon Snow is the only one that can defeat the White Walkers and save humanity.

Also, we know that R'hllor (the Fire God) can resurrect people. Thoros of Myr has resurrected Beric Dondarrion six times with the help of his god. Melisandre is more powerful than Thoros so if Thoros can resurrect people I guarantee Melisandre can do it too. And if she truly believes that Jon is the chosen one, then she has no choice but to bring him back.

I know that Kit Harington has told the world that he is dead and not coming back. But clearly even if he was coming back he would have to say that he wasn't. If Kit was like "yeah I'll be back", then it would ruin the surprise and the show and clearly the writers can't let that happen. I'm not taking Kit's words as true right now, because they can't be.

Basically, Jon is our last hope so he can't be dead. Melisandre needs to save our boy. So kids, say your bedtime prayers to R'hllor tonight and maybe there will be some more Snow this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment